self portrait tuesday

I didn't get a family shot, but I got one of me with the kids on our way to church. (Sorry Chris- didn't mean to leave you out!) Usually we do the posed shot outside by some green grass or flowers, but unfortunately, we were late for church. By the time church was over, I would have had to wash Wyatt's shirt and redo Kate's hair for a nice picture. So this year, this is all we got.
As you can see by my other Easter posts, we had a fun Easter. When I think back to Easter as a kid- I remember the hunting of the real eggs with the curlers in my hair- not the plastic candy filled ones. I think we should go back to the real eggs. They get some much candy anyway- I think next year we will do the real eggs. I guess I have been afraid of the egg coloring because I envision red, yellow, green, and purple dye all over the counter, floors, skin, clothes, etc.
My kids are definitely chocolate lovers. As they found all their eggs, they would open each one and if they found chocolate they would eat it- the rest of it got dumped back into the baskets. Aww....Just like Mommy!
This year I used the carrot idea and made these for all the cousins at our Easter picnic. Kate took a basket full of them and passed them out. I have been thinking a lot how I can make every holiday fun and memorable for my kids. I love the idea of having traditions. I want them to really enjoy them. I think each year I will get better and better at this. This is one reason I love to read every ones blogs and get ideas and inspiration.
As you can see by my other Easter posts, we had a fun Easter. When I think back to Easter as a kid- I remember the hunting of the real eggs with the curlers in my hair- not the plastic candy filled ones. I think we should go back to the real eggs. They get some much candy anyway- I think next year we will do the real eggs. I guess I have been afraid of the egg coloring because I envision red, yellow, green, and purple dye all over the counter, floors, skin, clothes, etc.
My kids are definitely chocolate lovers. As they found all their eggs, they would open each one and if they found chocolate they would eat it- the rest of it got dumped back into the baskets. Aww....Just like Mommy!
This year I used the carrot idea and made these for all the cousins at our Easter picnic. Kate took a basket full of them and passed them out. I have been thinking a lot how I can make every holiday fun and memorable for my kids. I love the idea of having traditions. I want them to really enjoy them. I think each year I will get better and better at this. This is one reason I love to read every ones blogs and get ideas and inspiration.



5 comments:
You look gorgeous in that top photo! I just looked over all of the Easter pictures. You guys were busy! So fun to see your kids growing up so fast. Wyatt is such a cute little guy! And Kate, of course, is beautiful.
Hi Sheri! What a cute family you have. I love your quote on your side bar - I might use it in a talk I'm giving in a couple of weeks. Blogging inspiration everywhere!
What a cute shot of you and your kids. I love that cheeto carrot idea. I may use that one--so much easier to fill up than jelly beans.
What a cute picture! My girls were too grumpy in the morning to take pictures so we waited until after church. I love your daughter's dress - did you make it!?
The pic with your kids is precious. I also love the saying at the top of your blog! :)
Dana
Post a Comment