End of Trail
Chris and I just returned from a week in New Mexico. His company sponsors the End of Trail cowboy shoot and he goes to work their booth there. This is our third year going- and this year Chris decided to go ahead and enter the competition and shoot in the main match. This is one of the largest shooting competitions because it is the world championship of cowboy action shooting. Last year he shot in the side matches- but this year he competed with the best. There are about 600 shooters total divided into posses. There were people from all over the world. In his posse alone there were men from Australia, Ireland, Norway, and all over the US. There were 12 stages that you had to shoot over a 3 day period. Chris did well for his first year. There is a dress code required as you might be able to see from the pictures. Most of these people REALLY get into it. It is like stepping back in time.
Shooting his rifle. Each stage had a series of actions. Each stage he had to shoot a rifle, a shotgun, and two revolvers. Each one was set up differently.
Check out this guy. He is from Australia
Chris's Posse

I enjoyed the trip because we went by ourselves (the kids stayed with Grandma and Grandpa). I read a couple books and enjoyed no responsibility for a week.
Here is a video of ONE of the 12 stages he shot. He did pretty good in this one.

6 comments:
Wow! I had no idea that was such a serious hobby.
It was fun to see those pictures of your parents in your previous post...especially the one with the bike. Way fun!
You've got yourself a real COWBOY..I was wondering where you've been...Just the two of you for a week, to dream....
Wow! Great job Chris! How fun!! My dad would have loved to have seen that and take part. Tres told me that my dad pulled out his black folder for Chris to see all his 'research' in this field... I had a good laugh over that! Sorry Chris!!!
What a great getaway for just the two of you. Way to go Chris!I called to see if you wanted to sub at Bunko but you were having way more fun I am sure:)
I think it is great that the two of you got some time alone. Reading, relaxing, no stress, sounds good to me! :)
Looks like fun. I just got mad at Abe for not tell me about such an event in our great state of NM and he just looked at me like I was crazy. :)
Post a Comment