Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Annual Greer Trip

I know I haven't posted in awhile and this may seem a lot like my last post- but we just returned from another camping trip. This time we went to Greer. Shortly after arriving, I managed to lock the keys to our trailer inside the trailer. So after waiting for 3 hours for a locksmith to come to the campground and 50 dollars later, we set up camp. I think that was the only unfortunate incident- one which I will probably never live down. But some of the highlights include-

beautiful weather. A little rain and cool temps.
watching the kids thoroughly enjoy themselves
fishing- well for Chris and grandpa anyways
enjoying the few raspberries grandpa found still left unpicked
smores by the campfire
walks in nature
dinner at Molly Butler's
Beating grandpa at scrabble!!! :)

There was an amphitheater at the campground and everyday Kate wanted to go perform.Wyatt found the mud of course.

10 comments:

Jamie said...

OH Sheri it is beautiful there. I sometimes forget we can travel not to far and have cooler weather and green places to play. Glad you had a good time!!!!!!!! Great pictures:)

koby said...

These pictures are priceless, how fun!

Jamie said...

Wish we could have been there! Glad you guys had a good time.

Amy said...

I don't get tired of seeing your camping pictures, Sheri. So fantastic. You capture what it is to be a child. We never made it out camping this year. Maybe we'll still get a trip in before the Dunes take over vacation life.

Deb said...

Sheri that looked like such a fun relaxing trip and how pretty it is up there. I have heard it is beautiful, but never seen pic. Well have to go as a family!

Hina Schneider said...

Looks like you guys had a fun trip. The first two pictures of Kate and Wyatt are so stinkin cute. Your kids photograph so well.

Sarah Smith said...

Hey Sheri, I can't believe how amazing the internet is. You can find anyone! I didn't know you and Cody were roommates! Hilarious! My mom would love to hear from you! I will tell her to look at your blog. We also have a family website called Stockpile on myfamily.com. Your kids are so cute and your blog is making me miss AZ. Talk to you later! Sarah

Shawna said...

So beautiful there, it brought back honeymoon memories, when we went hiking. Glad you had a great time!

Peterson Family said...

It looks like so much fun! I love that you guys go camping all the time, what a fun family tradition you have. Your kids are so cute and growing so quickly! What a beautiful area you guys were in... :)

roseanne said...

Ok I'm throwing a huge fit at 1 am!! I really miss camping March of 07 was the last time! Your pictures are so amazing! SOOO beautiful!! You guys know how to create wonderful memories for your children!! What good parents!