I am not sure what is worse...
......the embarrassment or the pain...
So this afternoon I went to pick Kate up from school. I carpool so I was also getting her friend Kailey. Wyatt had fallen asleep in the car so I was carrying him asleep on my shoulder as I walked onto the school to get the girls. I was waiting in the shade until both girls were there, and as I turned to leave, I didn't see this kids backpack that she was rolling behind her and I tripped. You know how it all goes in slow motion from there. I was falling at a sideways motion and it was the side Wyatt was asleep on so I didn't have any peripheral vision as I went down. I only know I landed hard on my knee and twisted my back as I tried not to drop Wyatt. It is kinda a blur from there. This kind lady tried to help me as I was surrounded by kids, parents and teachers starring at me. I just wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible! I managed to get up and gather the kids- Wyatt just waking up now wondering why we are on the ground. I head straight to the car avoiding all eye contact with anyone. I get the kids buckled in and was off. Only then did I let the tears flow. By the time I reached Kailey's house, the tears had stopped and I was trying to get some composure before the kids even knew I was upset. Man-does the knee hurt now. Not only the scrap- but I went down hard on it and it is starting to swell up. All my weight and Wyatt's weight went on the knee. The other knee is also a little scrapped along with my foot (I had flip flops on). I am sure it will be pretty tomorrow. I just hope I can walk on it. Won't that be great... going back to the same spot tomorrow to pick up the kids limping. So any of you reading this who have kids at that school... I hope you didn't see it!!!

6 comments:
Sheri, I am so sorry :( I am suprised you had room to fall, with all the crazy kiddos and parents around, I am shocked they didn't catch you. I sure hope it didn't mess your knee up too bad
PS is it bad to admit I leave all my kids in the car when I go pick up Kate and Kailey? There is no way I could make it through with all 5 kids.
Oh Man! I'm sorry. I hope your knee feels better fast....and your pride, too. :(
Sometimes it's the pride that hurts the most all though that knee looks pretty painful. So sorry!!
Oh my...I actually think about falling with one of the kids in my arms when I am going down the stairs with them...I am sorry that you had a not so good day. But tomorrow is another day and a new beginning....
believe me, I see why the teachers asked if this year parent would not buy those rolling back packs for thier kids... I did nearly the exact same thing but luckily caught myself beacuse I wasn't carrying a kid. (lost a flip flop though) If it was a little girl with dark hair and a pink backpack it might have been the same one!! Your wound looks pretty bad!!PLEASE let me know if I can pick Kate up for you!!that is if you even see this before then... I'm already getting Ella so it would be ok. Hope you feel better soon!
Oh my gosh that looks very painful. I am so sorry that is such an awful thing to have happen to someone.
Post a Comment