Saturday, October 25, 2008

Not Again!

It seems like I have posted way too many injuries involving little Miss Kate! She is so prone to getting hurt.
Here is what happened. My day was so busy. My MIL (bless her soul) stayed the night here because I knew I would be needing her help today. I had a baby shower to help give this afternoon and I still had a lot of prep work for it. I left her with the kids this morning as I ran errands then raced home to get everything ready. I ran out the door late for the shower and didn't get home until 2 1/2 hours later. Feeling like I needed to spend some time with Kate, I was sitting with her on her bed playing with her dolls when all of a sudden she just falls off the bed and hits the back of her head on her chair. I think she thought she was farther on the bed than she was when she scooted herself back. She hit pretty hard. I hurried and grabbed her knowing that must have hurt and held her for a minute. I looked at the back of her head and when I saw the blood I knew it was bad. I yelled for Judy (thank goodness she was still here)to come help and we decided to take her to Urgent Care. Two hours later and a couple staples in her head- she is fine. She really is a tough girl. She did so good. Even the nurses commented on how brave she was. Bad news is I can't wash her hair for 24 hours. It is nasty. We hadn't washed it yet from last night (a ton of mouse and hairspray) and when the nurse washed the wound- it got all sticky. Not only sticky- but still has blood in it! The nurse had to tie it up with a rubber band. I don't think I will be taking her to church tomorrow like this! Had to take a picture of course.

8 comments:

Dj,Megs & 5 Beautiful kids said...

Poor girl! Glad that it wasn't anything worse than that. She is one tough girl!

beth said...

at least they didn't shave a hole in it! her hair is still beautiful!

koby said...

Oh Kate, we are sure glad you are ok and such a tough girl! We will miss you at church.
Ps, you looked so Cute at the ward party!

onehm said...

POOR THING!!!!!
Glad that she's ok!!

Jamie said...

WOW!! I am glad she is ok.That's a fancy hair do she's sporting:) I don't know how I don't spend more time in urgent care but so far no stiches and no broken bones with my kids. I am sure my day will come.

Jamie said...

Poor Kate! And poor you! She IS a trooper...smiling and everything for the picture! Love the hair too!

Tina said...

Ouch! What a brave girl and what a brave mom, too, I'm sure!

Shawna said...

Bless her little heart...wow staples huh...oh my not sure I could have handled that one, but she was a tough one. Do you have to take her back to take the staples out???