Many years ago... like 14!...I served a mission in Quito, Ecuador. On Monday I attended the funeral service for my mission mom. Elder Holland must have been talking about her when he said this.
"Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind."
~Elder Holland
It was a wonderful celebration of her life. It was also a wonderful time to spend with President and my other fellow missionaries. We were able to stand and sing a powerful and emotional "Called to Serve" as part of the service. Not a dry eye from us missionaries as we watched our beloved President singing right along with us in Spanish from the front row.
President kept telling us not to cry. He reminded us of the day he took us to the airport to send us home after our missions were complete. He said that was a happy day- because you all served well and faithful. It is the same for Sister Farnsworth. She served her mission well and was a faithful servant and is returning home. It is a happy time for her.



Just for kicks I thought I would add a picture of President Farnsworth and I from the mission. This was taken on the side of the road heading to my new area in Puyo, Ecuador. We were probably stopped due to a landslide or something. My companion and I were going to open a new sister's program there. It was a pretty isolated area in the Amazon Jungle! One road in and out! Boy do I have some good stories to tell!



Just for kicks I thought I would add a picture of President Farnsworth and I from the mission. This was taken on the side of the road heading to my new area in Puyo, Ecuador. We were probably stopped due to a landslide or something. My companion and I were going to open a new sister's program there. It was a pretty isolated area in the Amazon Jungle! One road in and out! Boy do I have some good stories to tell!


4 comments:
You look beautiful Sheri! And you're even more stunning now! So sophisticated, I love your outfit and pearls. I so wish I could have been there with President Farnsworth and the other missionaries to celebrate Hermana Farnsworth's life. Thanks for sharing! The photos are wonderful.
How blessed you are to still have contact.How wonderful it is that Pres. Farnsworth had so much support from his missionaries. I can't seem to find out any info about my Mission President these days even on our mission website.
I'm so glad you were able to go. It's crazy to see that my friend's grandpa is so tall because she's so tiny--like 5'1" or something little like that.
I was also going to say that while you didn't look gorgeous as a missionary it's a good thing. It allowed the people to focus on the gospel. Look at beautiful you are day to day--who would be able to pay attention to you that way?
You rock Hermana!
Post a Comment