from the mouth of babes
We got new uniforms at work and we are required now to wear black shoes. I am an orthodontic assistant and I need closed toed comfortable shoes. Well, I haven't seen too many cute black tennis shoes. So off I went yesterday in search of some cute black shoes. Chris agreed to watch Wyatt, but Kate went with me. I decided to head over to the mall. I told Kate she could take the $5 grandpa gave her and we would get some chocolate. Well, of course I didn't stick to just shoe stores. I was enticed quite often into the clothes stores and found myself trying on a few things. Poor Kate was trying to be patient with me as I dragged her from store to store and dressing room to dressing room. She kept asking "Now can I get some chocolate?" I kept saying yes, in just a minute. I ended up finding a cute shirt, but came home without any black shoes. We finally got to the Sweet Factory and filled a bag of candy for Kate. She was happy. On the way home we made one more stop at Famous Footwear. As we were getting out of the car Kate handed me her candy and said she wanted to leave it in the car, but wanted me to pick out a piece of bubble gum she had in there. So as I was getting out of the car, I reached into her bag to get the gum and dropped it on the pavement. Out spilled all her candy. I felt horrible! She had been so patient all day to get that candy and I just dumped it. I began to apologize profusely and reassure her I would get her some more. She just looked at me and said in a voice that was to reassure me, "Its OK mom, it was an accident. I'm not mad. You didn't mean it. We can get some more." My heart melted. What a sweetheart. What if we were all so quick forgive. I find sometimes I get upset over little things such as "spilled candy" . In the big scheme of things- it really doesn't matter, but I tend to over react on the situation. I learned a great lesson from my daughter yesterday.

1 comment:
Wow. I think Aidan would have had instant tears. How is your 3 1/2 year old so mature? Maybe it's the mom...I need to practice that kind of calm.
Post a Comment