Kate’s favorite song lately has been “I trying to be like Jesus”
So I have been having these conversations with her about what it means to be like Jesus. She will say things like “I don’t want to share” So I say “Jesus shares- don’t you want to be like Jesus?”
Well tonight she asked me if she could see Jesus. This is how it went.
Kate- I wanna see him
Me- Well, Jesus is in heaven
Kate - Its far away?
Me- Yes- it is far away
Kate- We can drive there?
Me- No, we cant drive there
Kate- It is in the sky?
Me –Yes it is in the sky
Kate -We can go there with the butterflies?
Me- No, not with the butterflies
Kate - With the rockets then?
At this point I am not really sure what to tell her. The other week we drove by the temple. I said that it was Jesus house. She immediately asked if she could go see him. I am really struggling with helping this 3 year old understand why she can’t go see Jesus. Because according to her- he is magic and can do anything.
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is so darling! Thanks for visiting my blog today- your little family is beautiful. I'm also dealing with trying to teach just how Jesus helps us with what we need... we can't see him, so how exactly is he going to make the monsters go away?!
My questions are "can Jesus teach Darth Vader to be nice?" Well...that's one anyhow. They never really end either. Kate is darling. Did you take her to see the statue in the Visitor's Center?
Post a Comment