SPT
Mother's Day
The holiest words my tongue can frame,
The noblest thoughts my soul can claim,
Unworthy are to praise the name
More precious than all other.
An infant, when her love first came,
A man, I find it still the same,
Reverently I breathe her name,
George Griffith Fether
President David O. McKay (1873–1970): “[The] ability and willingness properly to rear children, the gift to love, and eagerness … to express it in soul development, make motherhood the noblest office or calling in the world. She who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions deserves the admiration and the plaudits of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, … deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God”
President David O. McKay (1873–1970): “[The] ability and willingness properly to rear children, the gift to love, and eagerness … to express it in soul development, make motherhood the noblest office or calling in the world. She who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions deserves the admiration and the plaudits of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, … deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God”
You never really understand the magnitude of motherhood until you become a mother. My mother raised 6 kids. Of course me and my sister were angels and then she got 4 boys!! They gave her a run for her money- but those boys would do anything for her. She lost one her sons a few years ago and I cannot imagine the heartache she felt and still feels. She is the strongest woman I know. When I think of my mom, I just feel so much love and gratitude for her. She is my best friend and I can't imagine not having her in my life. She is there for me always. She is a wonderful mom and a wonderful grandma. 
with all the grandkids
Me and Mom


These were some fun pictures I found of my mom when she and my dad were first married- before kids! Isn't she adorable!!

3 comments:
cute pictures....love them!!
She IS adorable. And she looks like you. And the baby you looks like Kate! I loved the poem and quote.
What fun! Your mom sounds like a fabulous woman...
Love the old pictures.
Post a Comment