Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter Mania???

Am I the only One???

Last night we stopped by Wal-mart for a few things on our way home and it was around 8pm. There was a crowd of people standing around and we couldn't figure out what was going on. After a little investigating- people were lining up already for the Harry Potter book. There were kids even in costumes! I think I may be the only person who hasn't read a Harry Potter book- I don't think I have even seen a complete movie- maybe bits of one on TV but that's it. And after reading a few of your blogs- I think I may be missing something- I don't know?

How many of you were out there last night at midnight getting the book and how many of you have already finished it??? Man I think that's wild.

OOhhh- I just heard thunder!! Now I hear the rain pouring down. Now I hear a scared Kate calling for me!! Better wrap this post up. Love the Monsoon!!

7 comments:

michelle said...

I have seen all of the Potter movies. I haven't read a book yet! I almost feel guilty! hee hee! I did have a good friend of mine, that actually stood in line last night She got a book for the kiddos. The kids love them! I think Sarah is going to start reading it tomorrow. It is a BIG book! :)

donna said...

We took our kids to see the movie. They all loved it, even my 5 year old. My daughter Emily is reading the 7th book.

sista # 2 said...

I'm with you! yay. I have never read the books and only saw the 1st movie with family who was visiting us at that time. Chloe got the book yesterday and will be finished with it before tomorrow! She is crazy fast!

Jamie said...

You are not the only one!! I stopped reading midway during book 2 and have only seen 2 of the movies. I lost interest. I think she is an amazingly creative woman and author though ,and I am very impressed.

Amy said...

I know tons of people who haven't read any, but I, alas, am of the group that rushed (NOT AT MIDNIGHT) to get a book on Saturday and finished it late, late that night. I love it. Truly.

Amy said...

oh...I'm LOVING the monsoons as well!

Anonymous said...

There are seven Potter books, and I have read five of them. First off, I don't think subjects like wizards, witchcraft, killings, etc. are subjects that should be read by children. To call these books "children's books" is totally wrong. Secondly, I honestly doubt that J.K. Rowling wrote any of them. I think she somehow got hold of an old trunk (or whatever) which may have been in a basement or attic at her mother's house, after her mother passed away, and found these stories, perhaps written years ago by someone capable. J.K. certainly is NOT capable, or intelligent enough, to have written them. She may have dressed the stories up a bit, (perhaps they were written in Old English) but that's about it. J.K Rowling should be totally ashamed of hereslf for claiming to be the author of the Potter series, and she surely is no writer of "children's books"!