Friday, August 17, 2007

OK -this is what I have been up to:

I am not a big reader, but I have been hearing so much about this book lately that I was beginning to feel left out. So I decided to read it. I am only in the middle so I haven't decided yet how I feel about it completely- but it is a cute story.

**I wonder why I didn't feel compelled to read any of the Harry Potter books? There was just as much or even more hype about those? But still no interest on my part.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her first one was so-so but the story gets better as it goes on, in her second book and so forth... so does her writing.

I have also read all of Harry Potter and that's a great story too. Too bad you haven't been sucked in like the rest of us.

To each their own!

Jamie said...

I have had a copy of this book on my counter for two weeks and I still have not opened it. I hear so much about it that I have mixed emotions about reading it. Iwill usually read almost anything and could not get into Harry Potter either.

donna said...

My daughter emily just got done reading it. She loved it. She is on the 2 one. Hmm, i don't think i will read it. I have been busy reading my book club book.

Crazymamaof6 said...

ok i totally dragged my feet even thinking about cracking it open and got totally sucked in. i like this better than Harry Potter any day! but i of course love some romance which harry potter had almost none of. can't wait to hear what you think!

michelle said...

I started this book, and didn't finish it. I am begining to think there is something wrong with me! :) I just couldn't get excited about it. I know all of my friends are raving about it! Let us know what you think. Have a happy Sunday! :)

Anonymous said...

I just erased what I wrote in response to H.P. and the rave over Twilight -it sounded a bit harsh or edgy. I haven't read either and don't care too. I'll just put it that way ;)happy day -ciao

Amy said...

I can't get enough of reading anyhow, so when our Young Women talked non-stop about these books, related lessons to them, etc., I knew I needed to check in on what was causing such a buzz with them. They are definitely not the best writing, but I have truly enjoyed the story.

But I'm dying to know what "harsh or edgy" comments Janae erased!

Barb said...

This book hasn't crept into the culture around my parts. I've heard of it, but I dont' plan on reading it unless my YW read it and then I'll want to just so that I can understand it. I look forward to reading what you think when you are done.