1st Annual Girls Retreat
Welcome to our glorious weekend-just the girls. We spent a fun 2 nights at the Westin Resort and Spa in Scottsdale. My mom, my sister and my 2 sister in laws went. We were sad that our other sister in law Jenn couldn't make it- but since we decided that this is now going to be an annual event- next year we hope she will make it. So here is the run down of our weekend:
Welcome to our room. We checked in about 4 pm on Fri evening and settled into our room. We got adjoining rooms.
Before going out for dinner, we did our favorite things gift exchange. Everyone brought something they love for everyone else that was under $5 dollars.

This is what we got:
Tracy- brought us lotion from Bath and Body, chap stick and mints. She said they are the three things she is never without.
Me- My favorite candy- Reisen's and Apple and Cinnamon spray - makes me feel like its the holidays
Jamie- Chocolate covered Altoids and Burts Bee Shimmering lip gloss
Vanessa- Her favorite razor
Mom- She "misunderstood" the amount- you know how you get when your getting old! Love you MOM! She got her zeros mixed up!! She gave us all $50.00 and a note that said we were to buy us something on Saturday when we went shopping and we would have a show and tell Saturday night. Her favorite thing is making us squeal with delight!
For dinner we went to PF Changs- So good! We got lettuce wraps and crab puffs for appetizers and for dinner we got Mongolian Beef, Orange chicken, Sweet and Sour chicken and chicken Fried Rice and split it all between us. We could not get our waiter to even crack a smile- he was so serious. Even Tracy couldn't crack him. I am not sure if he thought we were just a bunch of crazy women or if our beauty intimidated him!!! :0) 
After dinner we came back and watched a movie and snacked! Can you tell how fun she is to be around?

Saturday we slept in and then went shopping. We spent a good part of the day doing that! It was fun.

These are a portion of our purchases. I only picked one from everyone.
Vanessa and one of her new shirts. I think she also bought some jewelry.
These are my shoes. I also bought about 5 shirts and some jewelry

Mom had a good reason to shop. She and my dad are going on a 4 week cruise from Italy to Brazil at the end of the month. She got some fabulous outfits. Doesn't she look fabulous!


And Jamie's HOT shoes! Love them! She also got clothes and a purse.

All in All we had a great day shopping. Then it was off to relax in the lazy river.

Tracy got me and my mom to go down the slide with her.
Then it was time to get ready for dinner. Jamie did a great job with Vanessa's hair
See how cute!
Some pictures of us before dinner




Dinner at the Cheesecake Factory





A little time in the hot tub

15 comments:
I am so glad you had such a good time!! What a great family tradition :):)
wow that looks like the funnest weekend! you ladies are all so lovely! love to see Jamie! super fun stuff you got and love the gift exchange!
It looks like it was sooooo fun! You have the cutest family! I can sure tell you are all related! How nice to get away for a few days! :)
OH wow how fun!!!! I could really use a weekend like that :) lettuce wraps at
PF Changs. YUM!
So cool! LOVE your shoes!!What size -haha ;) Cute gals. Did you mention if they all live here, or elsewhere? My 6 sistas and mom are supposed to come to my home annually -in Feb. since they all come from FREEZING!! We lay out, eat, lounge and get dressed finally for dinner out somewhere. I
think we are the every other year plan for all 7 of them to come -too hard with babies, etc. I love
your pix! ciao
What a great weekend! We always talk about it, but haven't actually taken the plunge yet. The gift exchange will definitely be something that we'll do - great idea!
I'm crazymama's sis - we'll have to start planning our weekend now.
How fun! I don't blame you for wanting to make it a yearly tradition!
we had fun huh? can't wait for the next one already!
What a blast! So many cute pictures. I love that you girls went and actually did some serious shopping. Your bright shoes are fabulous.
Come on, you posed those swimming suit shots. I know you all were in string bikinis the whole weekend!
Cheesecake factory and no mention of what type of cheesecake you tried? Don't leave me in suspense, what's your favorite?
Looks like such a fun time. You are so lucky!!!!
I love it! I think I'm just going to redirect my blog to yours. That was such a fun weekend.
Holy Cow! What a Fabulous tradition - I'm gonna have to run that by my sis and Mom. Also tell Barb I love her hair! I knew she was a blonde all the time!;)
KHolysmoke
So dang fun! You ladies all look beautiful and your mom looks like a hot mama! How fun for them to go on that cruise! I love your $5 favorite present idea too.
What a fun event Sheri! Looks like a blast with a bunch of silly woman! Glad you had fun!
Looks like you all had a great time, tell your mom she is one hot lady and your dad is a lucky one. I sure miss her. What a great tradition you have started I think I need to adopt it. I miss Ya....
Post a Comment