Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

Well, he did it! I put an undershirt on him, sprinkled baby powder on his legs and inside his costume, convinced him that "I fixed it" and assured him his costume wouldn't be itchy- Wyatt wore his costume tonight- but just long enough for pictures and trick or treating. As soon as we were home- he stripped it off.
Chris brought home pumpkins tonight so he carved us some fun faces while I made homemade pizzas for dinner. Grandma and Grandpa came for all the fun. Grandma and I walked the kids around the neighborhood while Chris and Grandpa stayed home to hand out candy.
This was the front of our house. We had a black light shining along with the orange lights on the house, spider webs, a strobe light going, scary music playing and a fog machine running. As soon as it was dark it all looked pretty awesome. We didn't have as many kids this year come by as we have in the past so we had so much candy. If you had come by our house tonight you would have hit the jackpot- Chris was handing it out by the handfuls- because I didn't want it back in the house.

10 comments:

Jamie said...

Yeah for Wyatt!!!! He looks so cute in his Batman stuff. Quick thinking. Looks like tons of fun. Next year I want to stay closer to home I am tired of all the running around,and you would have thought they would have slpet well. NO way I was up most of the night. I am not complaining, this rarely happens. Sissy is sick and Smiley just wanted to be held. He had a visit for Halloween and just needed reassurance. I am not sure what Baby H needed, I guess she just did not want to feel left out!!

Misty said...

It's amazing what we do to convince our kids. I say what ever works. They look great. Too, too cute.
Love Misty

vanessa said...

SO cute, love those kids!

kh said...

Your "no more itchy" fix was great. Such a good mom. Okay I love your spooky house decorations. I am such a humbug, but I am getting better! Kate has to be the prettiest witch I've ever seen!

I am with your on the candy, GIVE IT AWAY, I don't want it in the house either.

donna said...

What a fun night. How warm was it, in the valley of the sun??????

The Whatcott Fam said...

How fun- I'm glad you convinced Wyatt to wear his costume-that's hilarious. Your house looks great!

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow! way to go mama for the trickery and yay for Wyatt for putting it on! that is a huge achievement for both! smart thinking with the baby powder. my 8 yr, old was complaining about his last night!
they looked cute! and so fun to have homemade pizza! and fancy pumpkins too! sounds like it was a good Halloween for you!

Amy said...

I was wondering if Wyatt would put it on again! That first picture of them is darling. Jim didn't hand out big enough handfuls at our house and I have far too much leftover candy. Dang!

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

They are such cute kids! Kate is such a little princess--I love how she poses so perfectly for each picture and I love how Wyatt is such a boy and doesn't give a care!

Tracy said...

Your house looks awesome! Maybe it was too scary for the kids! Good for Wyatt, he looks great! and Kate is way to cute to be a witch. I could give her lesson in that.