Kate's Singing Performance Debut
This is how it went:
The first songs were Halloween songs. She refused to put on her hat and didn't sing one word or do any of the actions.

This song used a rubber snake as a prop. She didn't sing one word or do any of the actions. She was rather annoyed to have to hold the snake as you can see by her facial expression.
She gave a few dirty looks throughout the show.
And a few odd looks towards me.
And found some down time to suck her thumb.Tonight we talked about why she didn't want to sing. She just said
"because I was grumpy"
Our next performance will be in December. Hopefully she won't be grumpy. I did talk with her teacher afterwards and she assures me she has never been like that in class- that she is always having a good time and participating. So maybe it was just a bad day for my little sunshine.

12 comments:
That was awesome!! I did enjoy watching my kids but Kate was too funny, she meant business!
Kate is darn cute! and gosh that group is adorable! i really need to call her! there is always next time.
fun group though! and like i said she at least stood there. that is something. i would have been crying and clinging as a kid and have nieces that do. so she did great!
That cracks me up! She sure is cute - even grumpy! That cool James chillins are in the same group!
How cute! This will be one of those things that in a few years she will laugh at.
Don't you love how you can never know what to expect from your kids?! Last time Aidan had to give a scripture in primary, he ended up throwing a chair into the audience. Something about that spotlight!
What a sweetie! Poor thing probably just got stage fright. She sure looks pretty up there, what a pretty little girl!!
That is so funny! You will all look back and laugh:)
You gotta love Kate's 'tude. She gives new meaning to "sunshine".
I think she is cute. Like you said in your post above, we are all entitled to our bad days. "Because I was grumpy." I think that's darling. She and my Mati could be twins, sounds like something she'd say to me. Kate is so cute.
That is so funny but cute! Event though she is grumpy she is cute as heck.
that's so great that she's in this performance cute - I love the name -Sunshine Tigers! Really cute. I guess they can't always sing on cue!
Post a Comment