My Nativity Dilema
So last Friday while I was at Kirklands with my mom, I saw this nativity that I loved. My mom told me she wanted to get it for me as a thank you gift for helping them with their business while they were gone for a month. I felt torn between loving the nativity and wanting it and feeling like it was too much money. I caved in and let her buy it for me. Well- the box it came in was so big that it wouldn't even fit in my car so she had to take it home with her. (We met there in separate vehicles). So on Saturday night I get Chris to take me over to my mom's to get it. Chris had pulled his back out earlier that day, so I struggled to get that huge box out of his truck and into the house by myself. After struggling to get the set out of the box, I thought- man this is big. Granted it IS an outdoor nativity- but I couldn't bring myself to put it outside. I was afraid someone might take it. My thought was to put it in front of the Christmas tree. But now it looked even bigger than it did in the store and it was a bit overpowering in our small house. So after toiling over this all weekend- I decided to return it. I had seen another set at Kirklands that I loved just as much. So yesterday I hauled that monster box back to Kirklands and returned it and got the smaller version instead- which I absolutely love. (Besides- it was about $150 cheaper -which made me feel better) And this one fits nicely on a shelf! Kate was a little disappointed- she liked baby Jesus.

6 comments:
I saw taht at Kirtland..it IS very beautiful, but would be too squashed in my house as well. I love the one you ended up with. The angels are so lovely.
Aah Sheri, I know the feeling of having big ideas that just don't pan out sometimes. The second set is adorable. Good choice. :)
Oh i love it.
I was on y way today to get a new nativity. Our old nativity broke in the move this summer.
Love it! Where did you get it? I'm looking for one. Thanks
both of them are fabulous!
They really are both wonderful! I understand your dilemma. I wouldn't have been able to put it outside either!
Love the angels in the new one!!
Post a Comment