Thanksgiving... and the day after!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with my family yesterday. Everyone was there except Kevin and his family.
Our future Thanksgiving Chef
Grandma and Kate
The kids table
The "adult" table
The gentlemen who sat at the counter because the table was full. Thanks guys!
After dinner it was off to the in-laws for dessert. This is how the evening was spent. All eyes on the TV trying desperately to help ASU win ( to no avail)
Yesterday after dinner, my sister, sister in law and I went through the ads. We made our lists and since they didn't want to go this morning- I went by myself. I got up at 4:30 AM and headed to Wal-mart. I went right in and grabbed the portable DVD player for $50(for Tracy), paid for it, and was back in my car in 5 min. I headed to Best Buy and got in the line that went halfway down the street. It only took me 20 min to get in and pay for the GPS (for Tracy) and was in my car by 5:30 am. I headed for Michael's which opened at 6am. I waited in line to get in. Filled my cart with things for me, Tracy and Jamie, and was done by 6:30 am. I got every doorbuster and item on the list! I was so proud of myself and having a fabulous time. I actually enjoy Black Friday. (And aren't I a good sister! Half the stuff I got was for them!) I thought- now where should I go? I stopped by Toys R US and said no way and went back to Wal-mart to just look. Didn't find anything I needed so I went home. I crawled back into bed at 7:30 and slept for an hour before my kids even got up! At about 9:45 Chris comes in and says he thinks I should go get another DVD player for us to give away for Christmas(I will keep to whom a secret). So I jump back in the car and go to 2 different Wal-marts- yep those were long gone. But I do stop at Kirkland's on the way home to look. Love that store. Found a good deal and was headed to my car when I run into my Mom in the parking lot! I go back inside with her and I come home with the most amazing nativity set. I love it. So now I start decorating for Christmas. I just put up the 4 ft entryway trees I bought at Michael's this morning. I have to wait for the Christmas tree since we go up north to cut one down each year. It is a tradition that Chris's family has been doing since he was little. I think we go in a couple weeks. Anyway- Love the Season! (I couldn't fit the Nativity set in my car so my mom took it home with her. I will post a picture later of it!)
A side note- When I got home and was unloading the car I looked down and noticed I was wearing two different shoes. One black - one brown flip flop. I was laughing at myself. Hey- it was still dark when I left the house this morning!

11 comments:
what a day you had. 4:30 am ! wow oh wow :)
Glad you were able to find some great deals.
So funny about the different shoes. I have done that before.:)
You are way to nice. I am very impressed. I did all my black Friday shopping on line and w/free shipping. Too funny about your flip flops!!!
Sheri I can't believe you got those trees I went to Michaels and by the time I got there they were out. But hey I didn't get there until 9:30am, my fault. I will have to call you next year and go with you, no one wanted to go that early. But great job on your finds...
It sounds like you did great shopping! It makes getting up early all worth it! :) I am exited to see the nativity. I love nativity sets.
You are awesome! I can't wait to see the nativity...
and I love the flip flop story!!
You are the best!!! I am SO excited for my trees! I can't wait to see them! I owe you! Glad you had fun.
Happy Turkey Day! Looks like you guys had a wonderful holiday. Good for you for getting out there in Black Friday, you are a brave woman! Looks like it paid off... :)
What a sweet lady you are always serving others. Thanks for the photo shoot. I looked through them and there are a couple that will work. I was bummed about that weird light thing on Derek's face 'cause some of those were good. Derek claims he was about to be translated--that was the light. Sure...
Wow! Thats impressive, and so sweet of you to get all that stuff for everybody else not out of bed :). I went shopping that day at 10 am, and had tons of fun.
4:30 at Wal-Mart! You aren't just a "good" sister...you're the BEST! I know I wouldn't be so willing..but I don't think any of my sisters would be either, so I suppose we're good matches. I love your little chef picture! She is so cute!
If only my mom, sisters and I were that organized!! We did make it to JCPenny's by 8am. We felt pretty good about that.
Post a Comment