Happy Birthday Aaron!
This morning at breakfast I told Kate that today was my brother Aaron's birthday. She was born after he passed away so she never met him (atleast not on earth). But she knows who he is because for Christmas I put together a DVD of all his pictures from birth to the end for my family. She would watch it with me when I was working on it and would ask me questions about him. I had the opportunity to teach her about death and heaven. So this morning she asked me if Aaron was coming back from heaven for his birthday. I said "No sweetheart, but wouldn't that be nice." She then asked me,"but where are we going to have his party?" I said, " We will have to have it in our hearts." To which she replied by singing the Happy Birthday song to him. I gave her a hug and said,"I am sure he heard you."

14 comments:
so sweet! what a great gift to give to your family. I'm sure that brought tears. that must be such a hard thing. isn't the knowledge we have great though.
Wow! I totally remember that day, when we got the call from Davin. I can't help but get teary when I see pics of Brett. He looks SO much like him. Thank goodness for eternal families.
That was a sweet moment you shared with your daughter. It made me cry.
I still remember when sasa called and gave me the news. I love that pic and still remember their reception. I love those teaching moments. You are awesome Sheri..love ya
This is a wonderful heart felt post! How touching to be able to share such tender moments with yur daughter. Your brother is so handsome!
What a wonderful gift to give your family. And your Kate is too sweet about it. Jim has a brother who passed away, and his family gathers for his birthday to write messages on balloons and let me go off. This year Aidan had so so many questions about Uncle Jayson. It's somehow sweet to have those conversations with your children.
Thanks for making me cry :) I miss Aaron too--what an awesome guy. I'll always be so grateful for the good friend and example he was to my brothers. What a sweet thing Kate is!
This is my favorite picture of him. He IS so handsome!! I miss him so much too! That was so sweet of Kate. Brett wanted to celebrate his birthday this year too. He has been having a hard time lately wishing he could meet him(now, he doesn't want to wait)...it makes me so sad for him. Thank you for making that awesome DVD. I think it helped Brett a lot.
What a neat experiance for you and Kate ! I am sure you family loved your gift. What a great memory to have.
Sheri, I just read the blog on Aaron and just when I was doing better. Now I'll cry all day. I thought of him on New Years but I was doing good since I was at Disneyland with Tracy and family. Thanks for putting his picture up and telling Kate about him. I'm sure she knew him before she came. Love Mom
Hey Sheri, I miss Aaron to this day. He had such a great sense of humor. Our family really loved him!
He was such a great person. That's so great that you put together that DVD for your family, and that you're taking advantage of moments like this to teach your children about Heavenly Father's plan!
Thanks for sharing Aaron with us. I bet you miss him. It sounds like you have a sweet daughter.
I would love to see your DVD - everything you do turns out beautiful.
Wow. That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing him with Kate and I love her for her sweet spirit. I think your conversation with her made me the most emotional.
Post a Comment