Saturday, December 15, 2007

Last Saturday night was our ward Christmas party. Kate was one of the first in line to see Santa- but Wyatt wouldn't go near him. I just kept him close by so he could keep watching him with all the other kids. Finally he agreed to go see him. We were the very last ones in line. Most of the cultural hall had been cleaned up already when we finally got to Santa. I plopped him on his lap and said "Tell Santa what you want for Christmas." Wyatt quickly and matter of fact said "I want a gun". Chris and I looked at each other and started laughing. That was out of the blue. We hadn't heard him say that before but for all of you who know Chris- that was like father like son. Later that night as we were going to bed Wyatt them informed us that he wants an air compressor for Christmas. He was cracking us up. Again- like father like son.


Here's a shout out to my awesome friend Misty! THANK YOU for such a sweet and thoughtful gift. What a wonderful surprise we got in the mail. I love it. And Misty- I still have the precious moments figurine you gave me what? 15 years ago! I will never forget that.
Friday night we spent at Chris's grandma's house decorating her tree. Every year she has everyone over to help with the trimming. The men are in charge of the lights and we are in charge of the ornaments.

Oh such a busy and fun time.

7 comments:

vanessa said...

i have the cutest neices/nephews EVER! wyatt cracks me up the way he thinks!

vanessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crazymamaof6 said...

so cute he wanted a gun! surprise! and an air comepressor! those are so cool!

RoRo2 said...

An air compressor huh? what is he going to do with that? He is so cute! I just want to say how cute you and your children are. Merry Christmas!

donna said...

OH how did i miss the post!!!!


What fun time you all had. The Tree looks great :)

I hope you have Merry Christmas with your FAMILY :)

Peterson Family said...

There is nothing like decorating for Christmas... How fun!! I am glad that you guys found a good tree (even if you weren't able to cut it down yourselves) :) Looks great!

Holyoaks said...

Thats so funny - Yah this is not Lexis year for santa. Just a glance at him and her eyes get wide with terror! Hey - do you guys have your tree yet? By the way I received your Christmas Card today - sooooo cute!!