Friday, December 21, 2007

Success!

Last night was Kate's Christmas Program for her singing group. It was successful Do you remember last time? This time she wore her costume and did her actions and sang. I was a little worried at first because when we were at home trying to get her ready she was not cooperating. She cried and said she didn't want to wear her shirt because she hated it and didn't want the pants I had for her or the shoes. Then I had to bribe her with chocolate just to let me do her hair. I was trying so hard not to get upset because I needed her to be happy. Then my mom showed up to go with us and Kate slowly brightened up a bit. By the time we got there- she was happy again. Then I took her to where she was supposed to get ready and she suddenly clung to me. I had to get her teacher to come over and talk with her. She still wasn't sure about the whole thing. I think it was the audience that scared her. But she did perform. I was very proud of her. The only thing that I was upset about was that she was in the back behind everyone and we didn't get to see much of her- she was hidden. So we didn't get any good pictures either. The one here is before the program began and she was still apprehensive.

This was taken afterwards in the parking lot. Kate with Grandma Standage, Grandma and Grandpa Kersey and Aunt Carrie (Chris's sister home from college). She is all smiles now that it was over. We went to Dairy Queen to celebrate.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Your kids are SO CUTE!! Don't you just love that when they sing, they are hidden and when they don't they're front and center?!! Never fails.

Jamie said...

I could see her at times and she really did not seem shy at all.

Tracy said...

Kate, you are so awesome! I takes a lot of courage to sing in front of people. Good for you.