Thursday, January 31, 2008

This week Kate was the "Special Someone" at her preschool. I was supposed to have a poster made about her. I have known about it for a month now and of course I wait until 10pm the night before to start it!!! I am not sure why I procrastinate. It only makes my life more crazy! Anyway, while I was working on it Kate woke up and came in my room to see what I was doing. She was so excited about it that I let her stay up and help decorate the poster with stickers. I think we went to bed at midnight. I didn't have any poster board so I used a cardboard box that I flattened and added some scrapbook paper to it.




Yesterday I met Tracy and Vanessa and the kids at the mall for a play day. We rode the carousel a couple times and then ate lunch. Then we went to the play area for awhile . We tried to do a little shopping but that only last so long when you have kids in tow.



Tracy and Kate wearing the hats that came with Boe's hot dog kids meal.


I made Tracy take the kids on the carousel the second time. The first round made me dizzy!

12 comments:

Tracy said...

That was fun. I love getting together. Pretty good poster for last minute.

Hina Schneider said...

Wow! Your little girl did such a cute job about her special someone poster. It looks great.

Jamie said...

I am usually up that late doing things last minute because my memory has escaped me these days! great poster!

Peterson Family said...

10 points for Mommy on the CUTE poster!! I love it!! I love going to the SS mall... besides all the old people sitting one person to a table and leaving no room for the rest of us with kids, it's usually a quiet less busy mall. My boys love to check out the puppies too!!

michelle said...

The poster turned out great! I ama last minute person too! It is something I am working on. :)

Tina said...

I love those kind of days...just having fun with the kids!
Way cute poster!

donna said...

OH the post is so cute and so is KATE!!!!

Jamie said...

I am sad I missed it!

vanessa said...

i am glad that you got that picture of tracy and kate..i had already forgotten about it!

sista # 2 said...

Very cute!! What a sweetie. This school year, James came home with
a poster his 3rd grade teacher gave him - make it all about you, bring back, it hangs in the class for a week -okay.easy. Well, I picked him up that day in the sports car (no room)-I placed the
poster in the trunk and forgot about it! Poof. Out of my mind -for days and days, poor guy! He's
so mellow, he didn't mention it.HA.
We got it done, finally -she gave an extension, though she had a schedule of students to get through every 2 weeks ;) Fun stuff!

Audrey said...

I just did Ryanna's and it doesn't even compare to yours. Way to make me feel like a loser!

Michelle Alley said...

I'm such a procrastinator too! I hear you! The poster is really sweet, and your time at the mall looks like a blast!