Grandpa's 60th Birthday.
Last night we had a surprise 60th birthday party for Grandpa. (His birthday isn't actually until the 13th.) We attempted to keep it a surprise- but I think he was on to us. (We had it at Chris's grandparents house- who live next door to his parents)
Of course he let the kids help him blow out candles.
Carrie even surprised him by flying home from Texas for the party!

I had made him a DVD of his life. We had about 300 pictures on it all put to music. It was about a half hour long and so fun to watch.

I had made him a DVD of his life. We had about 300 pictures on it all put to music. It was about a half hour long and so fun to watch.
I had to take this picture. Kate always steals Aunt Karens shoes
Tonight they came over to our house for dinner before Carrie had to catch her plane back to Texas.
Carrie brought Kate this adorable dress from a vietnamese woman in Texas who hand-makes them.
Then Grandpa gave us our Valentine gifts early. The kids got a card with money for chocolate.
And I got a gift card to See's!!!!! What a good Grandpa!
Kate has been practicing taking pictures with my camera. She took the one of me above and she took this one of herself. She put the camera on the ground in front of her and hit the button. I laughed when I saw her do it- and then I thought the picture came out so cute!

6 comments:
Kate is too cute....Megan is always wanting to take a pic...
way cute pics she took! and whoohoo gift cards and money for see's fabulous!
Happy Birthday Grandpa! and way cute dress from aunt Carrie!
Happy Birthday G-Pa!! Kate is not so bad with that camera. Good job kate!
Looks like Kate is giving you a run for your money in the camera department. Should I sign up now for her to take our Christmas photos for this year?
Glad you got the DVD done. I'm sure it was awesome!
That last picture of Kate is insanely cute. What a darling girl!
Looks like Kate has her mom's photograph bug.
I think I would like to steal Aunt Karen's shoes. Very cute!
Post a Comment