Monday, February 18, 2008

Presidents Day

Grandma and Grandpa Standage invited us all on a picnic today. My sister Tracy and her family came- along with my brother Jason and his family. Chris unfortunatly had to work. We went about an hour drive out of town to a place called Queen Valley. We played in the water, had lunch, and rode Grandpa's toys. We had a fun day. The kids had a ball picking up rocks and throwing them into the water.

Wyatt only picked up the biggest ones he could find. I guess the bigger the rock- the bigger the splash!


Standing at the water's edge throwing in rocks I knew would only last so long. It then evolved into running along the edge in the water.

Which then progressed to this! Thank goodness I brought them a change of clothes. Wyatt's pants soon got so heavy that he removed them.

He then spent hours playing in the sand and I even caught him trying to get a drink.

Kelsey drove the kids aroung in these. They LOVED it! Thanks Kelsey!This was Kate's favorite part of the day. She had so much fun riding in the back seat of the golf cart.






7 comments:

Tracy said...

That was so fun! We all crashed on the way home!

donna said...

oh what a fun day :)
Great pictures!

vanessa said...

you are SO on top of things! love all the pictures!

Tina said...

How fun! You are so lucky that your kids could actually play in the water without hypothermia setting in. ;)

Holyoaks said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I love how you 'celebrate' every holiday - little or big!!

sista # 2 said...

I love that BLUE ride! Way cool ;)
Fun family day! ciao

Jamie said...

What a great time looks like tons of fun!!