Saturday, May 17, 2008

Birthday Boys

Wyatt and Chris share the same birthday. It is fun for them to celebrate together. Chris took the day off yesterday and we had a full day! Wyatt woke up to his room full of balloons and streamers in his doorway. (The balloons were not helium- he is afraid of those! So we blew them up ourselves.)


Then we had breakfast and gave Wyatt some of his presents. Kate gave him this golf club set. I gave him pajamas and clothes- but that wasn't too exciting for him.

We told him that we were going to go to Toys R Us and he could pick out anything he wanted (within reason of course)

He walked every isle at the store and even had some things picked out that he wanted until we got to the Star Wars isle. He made me take back the things he picked out and he came home with these. A complete Darth Vader outfit and a new light saber- one that changes colors and makes sounds.


When he put the costume on he didn't like the way the cape felt on his neck or the mask so Kate wore those.
Then we were off to Joe's BBQ for lunch. They got a free birthday lunch!
After running a few errands we came home to get ready for Kate's singing performance. SHE DID AWESOME!!! She smiled and did all her dancing and singing so well.

She even did her SOLO in the microphone. I have to be honest- when I saw she was going to have to sing in the microphone I was a little worried. But she stepped right up and did it. She is feeling more and more comfortable with this performing thing.

I was sure a Proud momma! I think I had a smile from ear to ear watching her.


All three grandma's came and Grandpa Kersey. (Grandpa Standage went on a father and s ons camp out with his ward and Grandpa Hall wasn't feeling well.) We all went out to dinner afterwards at Oregano's.

The Birthday Boys!!!

After dinner went back to our house so Grandma & Grandpa Kersey and Grandma Hall could give them their presents. ( We are having another party for them on Sunday for the Standage side at my mom's house- so more birthday fun to come!)

He got a tent, puzzles, movies, a new hat and a savings bond.

His new hat! ( this kid LOVES diggers, dump trucks, bulldozers, etc.)

He got this puzzle- but Kate and Grandma Standage tried it out first.Then dad and Wyatt practiced their swings.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY TWO FAVORITE BOYS!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

OH man I can't believe how grown up he is. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WYATT & CHRIS!!! Looks like he scored and the family had a fabulous day. Kate did great!!! I was so impressed. I wanted to talk more but I always feel like all I do is chase kids and run. I was headed to bunko and GL was a little grumpy on friday.

Tracy said...

LIke father, like son. Could they be any more alike! I love the cheezy pictures of the two of them. those are priceless.

Crazymamaof6 said...

WHoohoo! happy Birthday to your boys! how fun to share their special day!

Kate did awesome!it was so fun to see you there.

wow that was a fun filled busy day!