Friday, October 10, 2008

So what do you do when...

it's a half day at school and your mom forgets?? Well...... you get some Sonic and go off to the park! Yep- I forgot it was a half day today. And since Kate goes to PM kindergarten- she was supposed to be at school at 10:45 instead of 12:38. At 11am the schools calls. I knew it was a half day for a month now- it was even on my calender. I must have subconsciously blocked it hoping not to have to show my face at school today after what happened yesterday! So I guess we are just starting our fall break a day early!

Rolling down the hill.

Who doesn't love a tire swing!


6 comments:

The Whatcott Fam said...

How funny! I kind of like the way our school does it- the AM and PM kindergartners take turns going to school on half days(like this past thurs. and fri. were both half days, so AM went to school thurs. and PM went to school Fri.) Have a fun fall break!!

Hina Schneider said...

Oh thats so funny. These pics are cute of the kids. They look like they are totally enjoying themselves.

Kenyon said...

I did that too last week! They called me with Jaxson in the office. How embarrasing. Befor I was a parent I always swore I wouldnt be "that kind" of parent...whatever that means :)

Jamie said...

SO funny, I have done that before too just totally spaced school for Miss M. Looks like you made the best of it. Doesn't look like Kate cared to much:)

MK said...

Sheri,

I guess I am one of those "lurkers", but I read your blog all the time.

I was sooo impressed when you canned hamburger and bottled butter. That is great!

Thanks for the comments about the class as well. I wasn't sure I was even coherent or just too scattered but with some of the comments and questions I've gotten, I guess I did okay.

Thanks again. I will try to be less "stalker" and leave a comment every once in a while.

roseanne said...

Too funny!!! Abigail missed it too!! Exact same situation! We also went to the park! We lead very similar lives sometimes!!!