Ahhh Life
Today I had the day off work so Chris decided to call in sick....shh..don't tell.... It turned out to be a very productive day! I decided I was going to take advantage of him to get some projects done for me ( He is usually soooo busy helping everyone else out there). He worked on a few things in the morning and then we took Kate to school and headed off to Lowe's. We finally got the wood blinds for the front room and both kids rooms that I have been wanting! (Ok- so the faux wood- but they are a WHOLE lot better than the nasty vinyl ones). Anyways- we get home and Wyatt and I are watching Kung Fu Panda while Chris is hanging the blinds. After the first one he has to sit and finish the movie with us because well- its just hard not to watch it! So after the kids bedrooms are done, he then fixes the closet doors in each of their rooms while I am cleaning them. The Kate gets the mirror hung in her room that I bought a month ago and the door handles put on her dresser. He then moves into our bathroom and hangs the new light fixture that has been sitting by the bathroom door for.. no joke... a year! He then starts patching holes in the walls left over from the remodel a year ago! Whoo hoo- love progress. I have to say I love that he is such a hands on guy- he can literally do everything!! But- I didn't get any pictures.
Now here is a funny story...
Last Thursday night Chris was out working in his garage like he usually does. Me and the kids had gone to bed. About midnight I hear Chris yelling for me to come here. I am dazed but I get up and hear all this commotion and Chris running after something. He is now in the pantry trying to coax a cat down from the top shelf. I stumble in there and see this white cat glaring at us- scared to death. So apparently, this stray neighborhood cat wandered into the garage at some point without Chris knowing and freaked out when Chris went to close up for the night and ran into the house. This cat was freaked out to say the least. Running wild. So as Chris tries to get it down it goes crazy and falls behind our washing machine getting itself wedged and stuck pretty good. It is so scared that it is growling at us. Chris gets a long pipe and a rope because he now has to catch this thing. This cat even bite his finger through his thick welding gloves when he tried to grab it. At this point I feared for this cats life! So now we are both trying to maneuver this rope around it's neck. We didn't want to move the washer out because we didn't want it taking off through the house again.
By this time Kate has woken up and is crying because of all the drama and the fact that she is in our bedroom behind closed doors by herself freaked out. (I didn't want it going into the bedrooms). Anyway... to make this long story short... or I mean come to an end... Chris finally got it and threw it out the back door flailing wilding. The rope and pipe were still attached to it, but Chris went out and found them discarded in our yard. The pipe was seriously bent! Crazy cat! Don't worry all you cat lovers- I don't think it was harmed.
Oh how I wished I had grabbed the video camera!

8 comments:
AHH, that is so funny. I can just picture you and Chris trying to get that crazy thing out. I'm glad you did, after awhile he would have started to stink :)
Yeah for progress!! That is HILLARIOUS poor Chris.
Ok the cat and Chris are traumatized for at least awhile. Cats are fickle creatures...I could see that on funniest home videos...ha ha
That cat story is HILARIOUS!! I can't believe that. :) That would absolutely freak me out!
YEAH for Home Improvement projects!! I love doing things around the house. That sounds VERY rewarding. :)
Also, I tagged your kiddo's on my blog, I know they can be annoying so only do it if you want to! :)
So fun to find you - love your blog! That WAS a funny story - thankfully the cat didn't draw blood!
First, Kung Fu Panda is hilarious. And, cats are yucky and I'm sorry it was in your house! But funny story!
Oh MY! Tres and I are sitting her reading this and laughing! Sounds like our life, totally! (Except the evil cat would belong to his parents!)
Wood blinds slats are the lightest of all blinds and are generally the best bet for large windows. They are known to give a cozy feel to the room and provide the desired privacy, even while allowing enough sunlight to filter through the slats.
Post a Comment