Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ward Christmas Party

The highlight of the evening is when Santa comes. Kate kept asking me if this was the real Santa. I said - what do you mean? She said -you know, the one with a real beard? So I asked- what do you think? She just nodded her head yes like she was unsure whether she wanted to claim him as not the real Santa. She had things to ask for- she wasn't taking a chance. Afterwards I asked her what she asked for... a barbie, a dollhouse, and a puppy! What! - that's the first I've heard that she wanted a puppy. Sorry- Santa is NOT bringing a puppy.
(the lighting is bad on Kate's pictures)


Wyatt wanted NOTHING to do with Santa. I tried for a half hour to convince him to see Santa. Nope- he didn't want to. So I waited until all the kids had gotten a chance and then practically forced him on his lap for a picture. He didn't let go of me though. Then Santa left and Wyatt started to cry. I asked why he was so upset and he said he didn't get to tell Santa what he wanted. Agh- I give up.




5 comments:

Audrey said...

Boy, isn't that how it goes? Don't make me!!! Wait, why are you upset? You didn't make me do it!

Jamie said...

Uncle Stuart might be able to help Santa out. I'm sure Wyatt would love a puppy too. Uncle Stuart

trublubyu said...

ugh. the puppy. you'll be hearing that wish for all holidays now. until you get one.

Janelle said...

The Santa pictures are always a war for me! Ummm... you're making me sad when you talk about the office!! I really miss you guys! I'm glad you got what you wanted this year! I remember you running around all frazzled! Merry Christmas!

Hina Schneider said...

How exciting a Santa to take pictures with. Wish our ward did something like that.