Thursday, February 19, 2009

Kate's haircut

Kate was such a bald baby/toddler that when she finally started growing hair- I never cut it. A trim here and there- yes- but I let it grow. So when I took the kids in to have their haircuts this morning, I wasn't sure what to do when Kate said she wanted short hair.... like to her chin short. I had a inner struggle. There have been many moments in the bathroom when I was trying to get her to cooperate with doing her hair that I had threatened to cut it all off. But I don't think I was ever serious. Well today she was so adamant about cutting it short. I finally agreed after asking her many times... Are you sure? I had a pit in my stomach all afternoon. I LOVED her long beautiful hair, but I think she looks pretty dang cute with her new do.
Did I do the right thing?










10 comments:

trublubyu said...

so cute! you did the right thing. i did the same with my oldest about a year ago. i was so tired of combing through the mess of her hair and having her cry. so, short is good. and kate looks adorable.

Brimhall Bunch said...

Its adorable AND Kate is sooo happy!

Tina said...

Love it..very cute!!

The Sharp Shooter Express said...

Totally cute!

Audrey said...

Boy, you made a big mistake. Just kidding. It's great. And, since she asked for it, that's even better!

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

It totally fits her! I had a heart attack when Avi cut her hair so short, but now that it has grown out, I wish she would let me cut it again because it was so sassy and fun...and easy!

Shawna said...

Kate's haircut looks so dang cute. I love it! I am glad that she finally decided to do it, it is so much easier to take care of!

Jamie said...

I LOVe it, to cute!!

roseanne said...

I forgot to ask about that on Saturday! I thought she looked soo cute! Her and Abby have nearly the same do now!!

Hina Schneider said...

I love Kate's new haircut. Its so stinkin cute.