Thursday, June 11, 2009

Girls Camp

We had a blast a girls camp. We had a ward girls camp this year up in Show Low. This is my 4th girls camp- (would have been fifth if I could have gone last year)- I just LOVE these girls. We seriously have the BEST young women. It is fun to see the first years from 5 years ago serve as the YCL's this year! I am not sure who has more fun or gets less sleep- the girls or us leaders. I haven't laughed so hard like that in a long time. We also have an awesome bishop who loves to be a part of girls camp.

Here are the first and second years on the five mile hike. All the other girls just went on trek so they got out of the hike! Photobucket
Photobucket

The devotional the first night was based on Elaine Dalton's talk -A Return to Virtue

"Now is the time for each of us to arise and unfurl a banner to the world calling for a return to virtue"

Here are the girls with our banner that each of them signed.
Photobucket

Photobucket


3 comments:

sista # 2 said...

Just catching up :)Looks like fun!

menchie_tater said...

hey sis kersey, its madison! i was just wondering if theres a website or some way we can see the other pictures you took at camp, my camera died at the very beginning so i don't have any :( thx!

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

Oh I want to find our picture at girls camp from back in the day. On the hike with our hair parted like hippies...remember? And in the rain storm when we danced around like crazies? Those were some fun times! We were made for girls camp! (I better not say that too loudly.) Love you!