4th of July
We spent the 4th of July weekend camping with my family up near Woods Canyon Lake. My parents went up Wednesday to secure a big spot for everyone. I got a call from my mom that afternoon saying dad fell and hurt his ankle and asked if I would go to Goodwill and see if I could find him some crutches. So I did. We got up there Thursday afternoon and come to find out I had bought him crutches made for people 5'10"- 6'6". Dad is 5"8"! I didn't even think to look that there were sizes! He made them work though- just stretched them out to the side a bit.
Now the story behind the sprain......
I could give you dad's version or I could tell the real version (mom's). As they were unloading the trailer and setting up camp, mom noticed a rather large rock near the door so she got the shovel and moved it. But unfortunately it left kind of a hole in the ground. So as dad was taking out the table from the trailer, he stepped in this hole and him and the table went down. The story seemed to grow and get a bit embellished as dad told it through the weekend!!! :0) Mom was obviously sabotaging him!


We had a little celebration for Kate's birthday. Her poor sad looking cake! We made and decorated it the night before we left but I guess all the bouncing and vibrating in the cupboard of the trailer made all the frosting slide off! Oh well, it still tasted good.


We had a little celebration for Kate's birthday. Her poor sad looking cake! We made and decorated it the night before we left but I guess all the bouncing and vibrating in the cupboard of the trailer made all the frosting slide off! Oh well, it still tasted good.
She got more girly stuff.
They found this little fort.
Notice the purse in all the photos. She carried it around with her all weekend.
We got rain everyday and Wyatt found all the puddles.
This ride was too much for him. His head was bobbing the whole way and this is how he looked when they got back to camp. He was exhausted.
Our attempt at a family picture. Not very glamorous.
Our plan was to drive into Heber for the fireworks but we were all too tired and didn't want to fight the crowds so we just did sparklers and poppers by the fire.

















1 comment:
What fun!! I love all the camping you guys do... I will have to live vicariously through you, since we NEVER go!! haha Your kids are growing like weeds and I can't believe that Kate is 6! She's absolutely beautiful... July is such a fun time to have a birthday!
Post a Comment