Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Face Mask Anyone?

So I haven't posted in a few weeks. I haven't really even gotten the camera out much. Just to take these pictures of Wyatt. These pictures were taken almost exactly a week apart. Same Eye. Hit twice.

The first happened in the living room. Kids were twirling and spinning. Not 30 seconds after I said "you better stop or someone is going to hit something and get hurt" - Wyatt hit the corner of the couch hard and gave himself a burn and bruise.

A week later his eye had practically healed completely when he took off running at the pool with a towel around him. His arms were in the towel when he tripped and his face hit first on the cement. Ouch. That one really scared me.

Does any one have a face mask I could borrow for this kid?
The weeks have been spent swimming and couped up the the house. It is so blasted hot! School starts soon. Yeah. Something for them to do! It is so hard to keep them entertained. I hate them just watching movies all day so it gets hard trying to come up with new activities. I can only sit on the floor and play barbies and Lego's for so long! I've been trying to get Wyatt to start practicing writing his name but the kid refuses to even try!
Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Poor Wyatt! That was like the girls falling and scrapping their knees when we were loading the trailers up! Then unloading them here they did the same thing!

I can get Bryce to attempt writing her name, but she doesn't like me to help her and she doesn't like spending too much time. Totally different from Taylor who could write her name and all the letters of the alphabet before starting preschool. Maybe they will do better with their teacher asking them to do it!! :)

Maria Babin said...

yep! ough-ies are a magnet for.... more ough-ies! hope the second ough-ie will be the last!

Jamie said...

OUCH!!!!!! Summers are hard. That's how I feel. Plumb out of idea to entertain em...

Peterson Family said...

Poor kid... he looks so bummed in the second picture! BOYS!! I swear, mine are always covered in bruises (NOT from me)!

I want summer to end... I can't stand the heat! I LOVE the fall when we can ride bikes and take walks outside with out being drenched in sweat. haha

Peterson Family said...

Poor kid... he looks so bummed in the second picture! BOYS!! I swear, mine are always covered in bruises (NOT from me)!

I want summer to end... I can't stand the heat! I LOVE the fall when we can ride bikes and take walks outside with out being drenched in sweat. haha

PS Wes HATES writing, coloring, and cutting... just lovely.