Day Trip and Bike Ride
My dad found this road one day as he was out exploring in his golf cart. It was such a beautiful drive and he thought...wouldn't it be fun to mountain bike down it? Well, he found 3 guinea pigs to try it out. Me and my two brothers. He wanted us to try it first to see how we liked it. So he rounded up 3 bikes. I got the ancient 10 speed, Brian got a old cruiser type bike and Jason got the nice mountain bike. At least Dad provided me and Brian with the new helmets... I am not sure where Jason's came from!!! Brian called him turtle head! So here we go on a 17 mile ride! It starts in the tall pines and ends in the desert.
Here we are starting in the cool, nice pines.

By this point my brothers were long gone... left me in the dust. I was being quite cautious.... praying the whole way that my bike didn't fall apart on me and send me rolling down the road.
Fortunately, my mom was right behind me the whole way with Kate and Boe along for the ride. (Wyatt didn't want to get out of bed this morning). My dad drove right behind her in his truck. I will admit that I cheated. At the hard hills I grabbed onto the golf cart and let my mom take me up!

At one point my brothers stopped and waited for me to catch up. (Actually, I think they just needed water) I had Jason take a photo with me. Brian wanted no part- he was out of sight by now.

See the nice scenery! It was a pretty drive. The pines, then the canyon, and then the lake....

By this point my brothers were long gone... left me in the dust. I was being quite cautious.... praying the whole way that my bike didn't fall apart on me and send me rolling down the road.

Fortunately, my mom was right behind me the whole way with Kate and Boe along for the ride. (Wyatt didn't want to get out of bed this morning). My dad drove right behind her in his truck. I will admit that I cheated. At the hard hills I grabbed onto the golf cart and let my mom take me up!

At one point my brothers stopped and waited for me to catch up. (Actually, I think they just needed water) I had Jason take a photo with me. Brian wanted no part- he was out of sight by now.

See the nice scenery! It was a pretty drive. The pines, then the canyon, and then the lake....
Here we are at the finish. Well, the two studs finished... I quit about about at the 14 mile mark and jumped in the truck with dad. It was getting pretty hot and my out of shape 36 year old legs couldn't do it.
After cooling off we had a picnic lunch then headed home.
On our way home, Kate fell asleep and took a nap. Is she exhausted or what... and she rode in the golf cart!
It was actually quite fun. I think I will be investing in my own mountain bike though. It would be comforting to actually have a good trust relationship with your bike and you are flying downhill! I just may do it again!







3 comments:
How fun!!! Brett wants to go! Is your butt sore?! LOL
You rock! I'm super impressed and so beyond anything so physically demanding...
I am so curious, Where is that place you ended up at with the water? It looks amazing! You are Awesome for riding that far!
Post a Comment