Monday, August 10, 2009

San Diego

We just got back from San Diego. Our last hoorah before school started. We had a wonderful time. After arriving at the hotel and unloading, we headed straight for the beach and let the kids play for a couple hours in the late afternoon. They were having so much fun that they cried when we told them it was time to go. We promised them we would come back a couple days later.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The next day we spent at Balboa Park and went to 5 museums. (The Science Museum, the Natural History Museum, the Model Train Museum, the Air and the Automotive Museums.)Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then we headed over to Anthony's and had dinner. We had a fantastic view of the Harbor.
Photobucket
From Anthony's we walked to Seaport Village.
Photobucket
Photobucket

The next day we dedicated to the beach. Check out my lovely shirt tan!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Some serious sand castle building!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Then the last day we went back to Seaport Village for a couple hours before heading home.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

Jamie said...

What a fun time!! Loved the t-shirt tan. Hope you got that situation fixed! lol Miss you guys!!!

Jamie said...

How FUN!! Huge friendly parrots, how fun for the kids:)

Tina said...

Looks like such a fun time! I have a matching shirt tan. I love the picture in front of the museum. You have a super cute family!

tricia said...

Welcome Back!! I'm glad you had such a great time, your family is so cute. We lived in Oceanside for 9 years, isn't the weather gorgeous there?? We love living here, but we will always miss the great weather in California. I miss you. Love, Tricia

Dahly Mama said...

Wonderful pictures and wonderful memories, I'm sure. It brought back a ton of them for me. Most of our married life, San Diego has been one of our most favorite spots, starting with our honeymoon! All these places we have hit over and over again! We never get tired of them!!!

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

You are a hot momma, girlfriend! Looks like such a fun trip!

Kerry said...

Awww... Makes me sad.. i wish I had known you guys were in town.. Maddie is always wanting to hit the fun places. We have the seaworld and Zoo passes and she loves going to the International Cottages at Balboa. I just get tired of going alone..She is at the age where I'm just not as fun to hang out with anymore.. I'm probably going to head back home in a few weeks..I am hoping at least.. I really miss my kids and husband.. Glad to see you all had a good time though.. Did they get to see the seals in La Jolla?