Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A cool monsoon rain

So what do you get when you combine:
1. many HOT AZ summer days
2. Kids that have been couped up in the house
3. A 15 minute monsoon down pour
4. A backyard that is half dead grass and half dirt
Yep- two exited kids who can actually go outside to play- in the mud no less. I didn't care- I was just happy to see them be able to go outside And boy did they have fun.

Kate thought it would be funny to paint her brother with mud! It is kinda funny!! These pictures crack me up. If you look closely you can even see mud on his teeth.


11 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

ok i am so glad to know i am not the only mom who lets their kids play in teh rain and mud in their underwear! my kids did this today! some insisted on swimsuits but most went in their underwear too! YAY! you rock Sheri!

Jamie said...

I love those pics. !! What a blast:):)

Crazymamaof6 said...

i thin k knicksgirl0917 is a spammer, i got one of those last week.

donna said...

What great pictures. I bet they had FUN!!!!!!

Amy said...

Mud - my boys' favorite pasttime. Wyatt looks hilarious!

vanessa said...

i am LOVING these pictures!!!

sista # 2 said...

I have a picture of Chloe at 3 years old in our new house when the patio was being built & lots of mud - wearing a white shirt -need I say more?!heehee
Cutest memories! ciao

Michelle Alley said...

Oh my! Great pictures - framable even! Love it. That is so great that you let them do this, I'm sure they will remember it. Such a fun mom you are :-)

Shawna said...

Oh my gosh, how fun. I love that Kate helped Wyatt get some mud on him...

onehm said...

Ewwwwww!
You are so good to let your kiddos do this.
;)

Anonymous said...

Yikes! It's like that commercial when the kids are playing in the mud and the dad comes home and tells them "stay right where you are". They are thinking he's going to get the belt or something and he comes out with the camera. Definatly one of those moments.