Saturday, October 27, 2007

Trunk or Treat

We had our ward trunk or treat tonight. There was a chili cook off and lots of fun games.

This is Kate with her friend Jenna

So after weeks of being so excited about his Batman costume- tonight we had a meltdown. I put his costume on him and it started to itch him. So we took it off and I put some clothes on underneath it so the costume wouldn't touch his skin. When I tried to put the costume back on him he cried- not only cried but a MELTDOWN! He didn't want it back on. So I said forget it- wear shorts and a shirt- I don't care- just be happy and have fun. This is him with another little girl from his nursery class.This was our "trunk". It looks better in real life. It was dark and you couldn't see into the back of the truck like you can in the picture- darn flash.

We won first prize!
This was the gift for bringing chili. I thought it was so cute. Tums, mints and a whoopie cushion!
Kate had fun. After she went around collecting candy she wanted to be the one handing it out. At one point Grandpa reached in the pumpkin to help himself to some candy and Kate said,
"No grandpa, it's for the children"
Well now everyone is home and watching the big Homecoming ASU game. Go Devils. We are undefeated!


13 comments:

kh said...

Ha! Our ward is certainly NOT as creative as yours! I love that little baggie of "helpful items" they gave... hee hee.

I love Trunk or Treat. Whomever thought up that one is GENIUS!

Love your trunk too. Very cool.

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

What a fun party! I wanted to see your costume :) We are all going to be superheroes. HA!!

Miss you!

Crazymamaof6 said...

that prize is darn fabulous! for the chili, what a cute idea! and way to go on decorating your trunk too! i never participate in that but am always impressed with cool people that make the effort! and ahhh bummer on the costume meltdown which is why i always make sure we have a clean Halloween t-shirt clean. so we look festive, and yet don't actually wear a costume. kids are funny! mine always change it up and use different costumes instead of the one i planned on. good for you not freaking out. i am the freak out type and will fight it! not good!

Jamie said...

I love Kates witch cotume! Fun ward,funny prize:) Bummer about little Wyatt and his Batman, maybe he will wear it on Halloween.

Kenyon said...

That is the funniest gift! We were boring and didnt even decorate our trunk, yours looked awesome.

donna said...

what a fun night. Great pictures.
It looks so warm outside. Our Halloween night will be cold!!!!!

Amy said...

Go devils! I'm dying over Kate's "it's for the children." What a crack up! And Wyatt's Batman meltdown...too typical. Davyn informed me today (also excited for weeks to be Batman) that he didn't want to be Batman anymore and wants a Bumblebee (from Transformers) suit. Um...no! We'll see if he fights it for the neighborhood carnival we go to tonight.

Tracy said...

HOw fun! I wish our ward did trunk or treat this year. I love how involved you get! Our trunk looks like a trunk - no decorations and my chili comes from a can!

Audrey said...

What the heck??? I didn't get a dang thing for bringing chili! That's it, Koby's busted tomorrow at the park!

The Whatcott Fam said...

Good job on 1st place!!! My ward always says they're going to have a judge and pick a winner for best chili, then they never do!!! At least this year there was enough chili at the trunk or treat...last year they ran out! :( I love your kids costumes. Camille had the same problem with her witch costume (itchiness) and I ended up having to put a leotard under it and thank goodness she was okay with that.

michelle said...

How fun to go to a Trunk or Treat. This year our ward passed on the Halloween party. I was so sad to hear it. I am exited for tomrrow night though! So are the kiddos!

vanessa said...

i love that wyatt had a meltdown, it makes the holidays more real when kids don't let us enjoy so much! :)

Audrey said...

of course it's okay. link away!