Monday, March 31, 2008

Annual Standage Easter Picnic

.......................just a week late. Every Saturday before Easter my family goes on a big picnic. It started back when I was a child and we have done it every year. This year we did it a week late because Easter weekend fell on the same week as spring break and we didn't want all the crowds. Each year the group tends to get bigger and better with all our family and friends. This year we had about 22 kids and 18 adults. We had so much fun. We went to Queen Valley- (where we went on Presidents Day).
Of course the thing the kids wanted to do first was play in the water. There was not one dry kid.



I loved that I captured his facial expression after he fell in!

Wasn't happy about his shirt being wet.


This is a shot of the kids for the 2 years and under egg hunt.


Then we did the older kids.


The guys skeet shooting

Grandpa with the kids and their protective ear wear watching them shoot. The kids LOVE this.
We had one injury. Kate's front tooth has been loose now for a couple years. She fell and hit a couple times when she was about 3 and it has been loose ever since. The dentist said she would loose it early- but we didn't think this early. She got it caught on (we think) my shorts when I was lifting her off of the golf cart. It ripped it almost completly out. She held on to it the rest of the day and even went to bed without letting any of us touch it. She wouldn't eat anything. Sunday morning after much convincing she let me pull it out. This is right before we left for church.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess I'll be the first to comment. What a blast we all had I'm so glad we changed it to the creek instead of our house the kids really had a great time. Way to go Kate your looking really cute I'm glad your Mom let you pull it out. Sher you do such a good job on the blog I know everyone loves it. MOM

Jamie said...

Thanks for letting us come along every year, WE LOVE IT!!! So glad Kate finally let you take that tooth out:)Hey let's try the Zoo again soon, let me know what works for you!

vanessa said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of her missing her tooth!

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

She looks so cute with it missing! Adam has 3 missing on top and is looking kind of lop-sided. Your Easter picnic looks like it was a blast. You guys have such a great family!

Natalie

Amy said...

You take such great pictures of your kids! Kate couldn't be cuter...even with a missing front tooth.

Jamie said...

Wow you are brave girls! I practically pass out when Stuart pulls Brett's teeth out! I have to leave the room! Kate is so pretty. And you DO take such dang cute pictures of your kids! I need lessons.

Crazymamaof6 said...

Darling! she is looking adorable without that tooth.
fun looking Easter picnic! super fun with your family and friends! and that golf cart and trailer is awesome

Tina said...

Seeing the AZ scenery makes me want to cry!
You take such great pictures...you really know how to capture the moment. I love the one of your little boy in the water. That's awesome!
Looks like a fun, warm day!