Sunday, May 25, 2008

Our Weekend

So our Memorial Weekend was supposed to have been spent up in the cool pines. We had a fun camping trip planned. Early last week when our temp hit over 100 degrees we were really looking forward to getting out of the valley. Well- that all changed.


A storm rolled in and left us with rain and cool temps in the valley and COLD temps up north and even snow! At the end of MAY!! So the camping trip was cancelled.

This is what we ended up doing. Friday night Chris had an errand to run in Glendale so we all went along with him. After his errand, he wanted to stop at Cabela's to see it. We met his parents there too. Nothing to exciting for me there so I just took pictures while Chris and his dad looked at fishing and hunting supplies. Afterwards we went and ate at Gordon Biersch by the new Cardinals Stadium (which we hadn't seen yet)

Saturday night we decided to go see the new Indiana Jones movie. This was actually our first time as a family to go to the theater. Chris and I have gone and I have gone with the kids- but never all together. Actually- Wyatt has only been to the theater once- a year ago. We were not sure how he would do. He was so excited to see the movie though. We got there a little early to get seats and save some for our friends that were coming also. Wyatt sat in his seat and ate half a bag of popcorn and stared at the screen watching all the preview stuff. Finally when the movie started and the lights went out- so did he. Seriously- not five minutes into he movie and he was asleep. I held him amazed that he could sleep through the loud movie. Then about 45 min into the movie he wakes up disoriented in the dark theater with the loud movie and starts crying. I had to take him out quickly. After he calms down and wakes up completely he has no desire to go back in. Instead he wants to play the video games in the lobby. So needless to say- I didn't get to finish the movie. Kate and Dad loved it! ( I did get our money back)



3 comments:

Tina said...

My kids love Cabela's. But I'm like you, mot much exciting there for me.
Sorry you missed out on the movie...John is dying to see it!

Jamie said...

BUMMER. No camping and then no movie. I wish my kids would sleep through a movie.

michelle said...

Hopefully you will get more chances to camp this summer. I was so suprised at the weather that weekend! I had never seen anything like that here in May! Have a great week! :)